Tioga is a Native American word that means “at the fork.” You can look at this two ways: where a river divides or where two streams converge. We prefer the latter. Because to us, Tioga is a mindset — working together with you to determine your ideal solutions.
Working with Tioga, you’ll have a complete team of environmental professionals and technicians at your disposal. So no matter what your project, you can access the specific expertise you need to take proper care of it. All through a single point of contact.
Tioga is led by Maggie Strom, an environmental scientist with experience as a regulator; Larkin Myers, a professional engineer with a civil design background; and Luke Hall, a geologist who is well versed in contamination.
The team is a small, close-knit group of consultants dedicated to putting their hearts and souls into every project, no matter how big or small. Driven by a love for Memphis, for Tioga and for the environment, our team brings their vast and diverse skills to work every day with a mission to make our world a better place. From environmental site assessments to hazardous materials testing, regulatory compliance to remediation, the Tioga team is here to help you through any environmental decision you make. Click here to learn more about each team member.
By the way, we’re always looking for sharp potential team members. If you’re a problem solver, love a challenge, enjoy learning and think fast, you should fit right in. Interested? Please contact us.
We seeking to fill the following position immediately.
Environmental Scientist/Engineer – Environmental Health & Safety Compliance
Tioga is actively seeking an experienced environmental scientist/engineer to assist us with providing industrial hygiene, safety and/or environmental regulatory compliance assistance to our facilities clients. Our clients face a variety of challenges and we assist them with environmental health and safety services in all areas. We are specifically seeking someone with a special interest in the area of industrial hygiene, safety or wastewater
Safety/IH Job Duties
- Industrial hygiene assessments and chemical exposure assessments
- Noise Assessments
- PPE Assessments
- OSHA Compliance assessments and Health and Safety plans
- Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001)
Wastewater Job Duties
- Prepare facility wastewater permit applications.
- Prepare plans (Wastewater Slug Control Plan, etc.)
- Assisting clients with wastewater recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Perform wastewater system evaluation and treatment design
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific discipline
- 5-10 years of experience
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Able to interact effectively with internal and external clients
- A significant understanding of Microsoft office applications
- Comfortable in both an office and field environment
- Must be a self-motivated team player