KEEPING MOLD OUT OF YOUR BUILDING OR HOME
Although found commonly in nature, molds produce allergens and irritants that can affect humans if inhaled or touched. People often experience both immediate and delayed allergic reactions to mold. Allergic reactions include sneezing, runny nose, red yes and/or skin rash. If you have asthma and are allergic to mold, exposure can trigger an asthma attack.
Toxic molds, such as Stachybotrys and Aspergillus, produce toxins that can cause more serious illness when exposure happens. If you are already experiencing a problem with mold inside your home or business, we can help. If you are simply concerned about maintaining the proper moisture level within your building, use the following guidelines from the article:
• Keep humidity levels in homes and buildings between 40-60 percent.
• Use an air-conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
• Be sure that buildings have adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms.
• Use mold inhibitors, which can be added to paints.
• Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
• Do not carpet bathrooms.
• Remove and replace flooded carpets.