We keep seeing news about the Sequester and how it will affect America. Thanks to an industry article written by Environmental Leader, here is a summary of the impacts that are expected be felt in the environmental arena:
- Closure of air monitoring stations;
- Limited inspections of oil-storage facilities;
- Elimination of air quality forecasting;
- Reduction of funding for Superfund enforcement; and
- Cancellation of more than 100 water quality projects.
The effects on our environment will definitely be felt! Tomorrow is the deadline for compromise. We're crossing our fingers that an agreement can be reached to minimize these impacts.